Webheads and Webheads-to-be meet f2f in Buenos Aires
On Saturday February 25th, about 20 minutes after 9 a.m., too late to meet my host (Silvana I thought at first, but it was Gladys who I was supposed to meet) for the last day of the three-day ABS Congress. So I introduced myself to the organizer (being Gladys's friend opens doors) and got my credential. I attended one of the sessions and then drifted among the crowd of excited teachers who were eager to learn about new books and materials in exhibition. No trace of Gladys or Silvana anywhere.
I headed for the second morning session. A talk about concordancers. "Interesting," I thought. "Everybody talks about them and I know next to nothing about the issue." As I was sitting there waiting for the talk to start, I saw my best friend from La Plata, getting into the room. It was a happy chance to meet her, since we hadn't arranged anything. The talk was very interesting and added a new tool to my towering pile of thingies to explore.
When the session was coming to an end, a teacher sitting on the other row of seats, asked a question that immediately drew my attention: "Do they offer a hosting service to the exercises you create with the concordancer?" "Mm," I thought, "this lady deserves to be a Webhead." From my seat I couldn't see her face, but her voice rang a bell. "Oh, yes, that must be Gladys!" I could remember her tone of voice from the voice chats we had been having lately.
When the talk finished, she stood up and I confirmed my suspicion. I waved to her and she immediately recognized me.
Afterwards she told me Susana was nearby and we started looking for her. Susana was with a friend of hers. Finally we met Silvana and the five of us went to have lunch together.
We had a great lunch time. The Webheads was our main talking theme, of course.
In the afternoon Susana and I attended Gladys's talk, in which she showed all her talent as a presenter.
As soon as Gladys managed to get rid of her fans, who crammed the hall to talk to her, we all walked down the stairs and met Carla and Erika's friends. They were so nice! I couldn' t believe they recognized our names and knew who we were and were well aware of our Webhead adventure. Erika and Carla had done a great job spreading the Webhead spirit in Brazil.
Fortunately they had their cameras and saved us the trouble of getting a professional photographer for the event.
In the link below you'll see the photos they sent us. I'm sure you'll recognize my green sweater. Yes, it's the same I'm wearing in all my profile photos everywhere (BaW, Blog06, Frappr, Blogger). It's not the only one I've got, but all the pictures were taken on the same day. This time it was mere coincidence. I guess my wardrobe needs some updating.
And now... THE PHOTOS!!!





7 comments:
Claudia, what a great gathering of Webheads. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.
I keep coming to your excellent site to continue learning from the creative applications you give to e-toys. BTW, your green shirt looks just fine and is an excellent match to the colors in your blog.
Warmly, Berta
Dear Berta,
Thanks for your praising comments. You're always welcome to my blog. And, to tell you the truth, I chose this template for my blog just because... it matched my sweater colour!!!
Dear Claudia,
I loved your story, your photos - and your cool green sweater! I'm on my way to a blended course meeting in León, Spain where I will meet with Anne Fox who is also from Denmark and a webhead, and the leader of this intercultural course, plus about 20 more leaders and participants from all over Europe. We have been working online using Moodle for about four months now so we're certainly getting to know people, and it is going to be a great week!
Dear Claudia
You are so sweet! I loved reading your story. It was like reading one of those fantastic stories that make you feel like you are inside a book. I felt I was there with you looking for Gladdys and feeling thrilled by being recognized by people from a different country. Just fabulous!
I too, loved your blog and story of your conference. I can't wait to be at a conference and meet up with a WEBHEAD. It will be thrilling.
Keep writing.
Cheryl
Dear Claudia:
as usual, your blog is a success !!! As Gladys said you're the QUEEN of BLOGS
Not just photos, a terrific flickr presentation. All my family was around the computer reading the story and looking at the pictures of OUR international Webhead meeting!!!.
As you know, I live in a very small village. I'm part of Sociedad Pro-Fomento. a NGO that works to get small steps to improve life in our community.
We provide TE, ambulance and Internet.
Well, I was talking about Webheads and all the wonderful things happening in EVO, so people are starting to know the importance of having Internet.
Thanks, claps,hugs and kisses
Susana
Claudia,
I loved reading your story. The pictures are great!
It was great to meet you and your friends during the Seminar in Buenos Aires. Your city is lovely and I had a great time there. I hope we can see each other again in future events.
Claudio Azevedo
Post a Comment