Tuesday, January 13, 2009

EVO 2009: a great chance to explore multimedia in the classroom


The proximity of a new round of EVO sessions certainly did the trick of sparkling the almost dead ashes of this blog. I hesitated about my chances of doing a decent job in more than one session this year. But then I left my fears aside and decided to join the 3 groups that catered my present interests:

This last session was the last one I decided upon. Not that I doubted the professionalism of the huge group of moderators (including some dear friends) in it or the quality of their proposal. But I thought that maybe I already knew the basics of picture editing so I might concentrate on other skills that were newer to me. But when I explored their syllabus I found there were two things I might like to try. They have based their group on Ning (and I've had almost no experience with it so far) and they have included storytelling among their topics. So I saw the connection of this session with the other two.
I hope to learn a lot and get a lot of ideas from these sessions, so I'm planning to create a wiki to pull those materials and ideas together for future reference, and also include what I've learnt on my own in 2008.

No comments: